Let me take some time to shout out folks in my circles (and beyond) who are doing it:
1. Fellow journalist and friend Evolyn Brooks is expanding her brand to include: her "In My Solitude" Blog. Please check it out: http://inmysolitudeboutique.squarespace.com Congratulations Evolyn!
2. During my time at Morehouse (www.morehouse.edu), I spent lots of time at Clark Atlanta University's Mass Media Arts Department (www.cau.edu/). One of my classmates Jennifer Ransaw Smith is blogging to - for WOMEN WHO ROAR: http://womenwhoroar.squarespace.com/
3 After I chose to leave CNBC (www.cnbc.com/) back in 1997 when I was producing for Geraldo's nighttime show "Rivera Live!", I got the good fortune of training a beautiful spirit named Hakimah to replace me. Well, her latest project is called "Swoosh! Inside Nike" (on this month at CNBC). See this special web page for the show - including inside sneek peeks and show info:
http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=632054169 or http://www.cnbc.com/id/22492149 or yu can also use the friendly URL insidenike.cnbc.com . KEEP DOING IT, HAKIMAH! I'M SO PROUD OF YOU (Meanwhile, we must get some HOUSTON's time in very soon!). And another friend from my CNBC days, Miles Anthony is forwarding his passion into now and the future as an entrepreneur and CEO of Righteous Music Media, LLC (www.RighteousMusicMedia.com). Miles is an "Artist Friendly" Manager, A&R Executive, and Executive Producer. He, our friends from work, and I would spend lots of time in the streets of NYC - enjoying live music, networking within this entertainment business, and sometimes just casually hanging out and enjoying each other's company. He is a Native New Yorker, who calls Harlem ome. Check out Righteous Music Media, LLC at www.RighteousMusicMedia.com. One of his clients, Darien, is being shown much love in the UK. There is an article and picture on a UK website promoting his single with Reel People and his forthcoming project: http://soulchoonz.blogspot.com/ and more on Darian via his MY SPACE - www.myspace.com/DarienOnline.
Keep doing your thing, Miles! Let's catch up soon!
4. As I look to upgrade my blog to website with video content, I was inspired when I stumbled onto Tyler Perry's website (www.tylerperry.com/
) and saw his talk show.
Also, one of my favorite late '80s/early '90s artists Pebbles site annointed me in a way (www.sisterperri.com
Pebbles, too, was an industry friend during the mid-'90s when she was married to L.A. Reid and managing TLC.
5. Ant and I bumped into Chrisette Michele (www.defjam.com/site/artist_home.php?artist_id=611
) or (www.myspace.com/chrisettemichele
) during Fashion Week.
Little did we know, she's got lots going on. You can hear her vocals on the new Nivea commercial (www.nivea.com/home
). Just this week, she was featured on an episode of my favorite show "Girlfriends" (www.cwtv.com/shows/girlfriends
) - an episode we hear was directed by Tracee Ellis Ross (www.traceeellisross.com/
And I have a word out to my Nichole's good budy Mara Brock-Akil ("Girlfriends" creator) as there's buzz that this is the show's last season (and that maybe there are not going to finish the outstanding episodes in the wake of the writers' strike). Stay tuned as I get a handle on this. I can't imaging my favorite show wrapping up with out a wrap-up (READ: Toni coming back one more time!).
6. After receiving critical and audience raves, as well as a 2007 MAC Award Nomination for it's sold-out Off-Broadway run, my friend (and often-fellow-auditioner) award-winning Host, Radio/TV Personality and Comedian Scott Nevins brings his hit one man show Celebutant: Don't You Know Who I Think I Am? to Los Angeles for it's West Coast Premier at the ACME Comedy Theatre (135 N. La Brea Ave. Los Angeles, CA 90036) on Wednesday, February 27th at 8pm for One Night Only!Tickets are $15 and can be purchase online at www.tickets.acmecomedy.com. You may also visit www.ScottNevins.com for more info!