Some features to look forward to:
1.) "PATRICK'S POP UP(DATES)" will feature stories from pop culture, music, theater, fashion, and the entertainment industry at large.
2.) "The Life of Riley" will also introduce a "take-a-look-at-your-life" section (READ: sort of an advice column), where I will help readers come up with their own questions and answers around what "ways of being" are working (or not working) to have them acheive their respective goals and live their best lives. This section is called "WHO YOU BE?".
3.) Additonally, there will be a free-flowing, organic section called "TESTIFY" from which I will pull from my own life's journey to share and hopefully inspire. Some of the fare may be new musings and experiences. Other times, I may pull from my journals and past sharings to shed light on some uncomfortable truths that I've experienced and that may perhaps play a role in healing someone else's wounds as the real-life experience did for me. From my experience of covering 9/11 as a freelance journalist to courageously coming out (as gay) to my family, "TESTIFY" promises to move those who choose to read it.
4.) And a section titled "PR" (like my initials, but also like "public relations") will include press clips from any coverage I get.
You might have needed to know me in the ‘70s or ‘80s to know that #LifeofRiley – ALSO – considers MARY TYLER MOORE an ABSOLUTE FAVORITE! And though our moment would not be photographed, I also got an opportunity to interview Mary Tyler Moore in her New York City, 5th Avenue pad for recurring freelance client “The Oprah Winfrey Show” --- a few years after OPRAH’s 1996 in-studio “ugly cry” moment with her. That was in 2000 or so...and Mary and I talked all things DOGS for this "Remembering Your Spirit" segment which also required Mary and I take a field trip to the ASPCA - so she could visit some of her "furry friends". Well, I’m not going to start COUNTING CELEBRITY DEATHS and tying them into some Nielsen ratings for dead people in 2017. But MARY TYLER MOORE was #1 ....and today is the day MARY TYLER MOORE exits earth stage left (as her spirit soars well beyond the heights of her iconic hat toss in the title sequence of her legendary MARY TYLER MOORE SHOW). WHAT A LOSS for THE WORLD, AMERICA, POP CULTURE, SO MANY, OPRAH, and me! And yet: WHAT A LEGACY!!!! I can continue to LOVE MARY TYLER MOORE – on her show; the DICK VAN DYKE repeats; ORDINARY PEOPLE; and just about everything she did! Will miss your SPUNK, MARY! LOVE YOU FOREVER!
miss jessie's is on the road in 2017
MIKO and MISS JESSIE'S on THE ROAD! See where MIKO is speaking so far in 2017! PLUS, more and more media impressions on Miss Jessie’s Co-Founder, CEO, and Creative Director Miko Branch and national best seller “Miss Jessie’s: Creating a Successful Business from Scratch – Naturally” (Harper Collins; Amistad) are coming in (in anticipation of the paperback release of her book on Valentine’s Day Tuesday, February 14, 2017. Let us know if you’d like to connect with Miko --- for press; budgeted speeches/appearances; hosted book signings; or Miss Jessie’s product donation synergies):
1. At the top of 2017, here in New York City, we kicked Miko’s 2017 Miss Jessie’s paperback tour with a taping at 30 Rock for NBC 4’s Positively Black with Tracie Strahan: http://www.nbcnewyork.com/on-air/as-seen-on/Positively-Black_-Miko-Branch-and-_Miss-Jessie_s__New-York-411451425.html.
2. ALSO OUT TODAY: SWAAY MEDIA Feature Article:
3. Other MISS JESSIE’S print and on-line press – recently-published-and-posted:
a. ROOT.com by Allison Keyes: http://buff.ly/2jiICJ5
b. NEW YORK Magazine:
c. Big SHOUT OUT for all the COVER LOVE on this TOUR – including Black Enterprise, Atlanta Journal, and LIONESS Magazine FOR THE FEMALE ENTREPRENEUR:
d. AMERICAN FAMILY INSURANCE's Business Accelerator Program:
e.SWAAY MEDIA Feature Article:
f. Miss Jessie’s is our PRESENTING PARTNER for#ALLSTARKARAOKE alongside#WALKTALLGIRLPRODUCTIONS and#BLACKTHEATREONLINE, our PRIZED Broadway ticket theater giveaway sponsor. Look for MISS JESSIE’s and more THEATER GIVEAWAYS at our next ALL STAR KARAOKE & DAY BRUNCH: Sunday, February 12, 2017 from NOON to 7p (and there will be FREE Miss Jessie’s Books in our RAFFLE mix --- just two days before the MISS JESSIE’s PAPERBACK is available on Tuesday, February 14th): https://allstar_karaoke_valentine.eventbrite.com/
As always, THANKS to everybody for supporting#MissJessiesBook #Miss_Jessies #MikoBranch#LifeofRiley #AllStarKaraoke #MistHarlem
alex cypriano is available
Patrick L. Riley here on behalf of fitness model Alex Cypriano, Brazilian heartthrob & fitness expert:
As you know, #LifeOfRiley also champions wonderful models who are breaking in on the scene – including Alex who I recently got to meet when he was in NYC recently:
1. Alex is currently in LA;
2. 20 years old;
4. . 2015 "Mr. Teen Tampa";
5. Represented By MC2 Miami;
6. Alex just dropped a capsule product line for the L.A. FITNESS EXPO last weekend to great acclaim.
7. Alex’s Instagram page per week reaches 2.2 – 2.8 million impressions a week (and spiking).
8. ALEX is looking to bring his EXPERTISE and his GROWING POPULARITY to a “MORNING SHOW” or “TALK SHOW” or any applicable MEDIA platform .
A. LIMITED COPIES of Alex Cypriano's Hairy Valentine Book are available in time for Valentine's Day: http://www.alexcypriano.com/hairy-valentine.html. For review. The cover photo is a selfie created by Alex himself. Hairy Valentine is the perfect gift for viewers to collect and have a little bit of Alex for Valentine's. The book is 8x8 in size, fully overexposed color. The book is affordable for $48.00 plus $8 shipping in the us, international shipping is an extra cost. Shipping for the book is completely discreet until the purchaser opens the package. Each book is personally signed by Alex with a signature message.
B. Alex Cypriano's " Do You" capsule collection is available for online ordering domestic and international.
Let me know if you want to meet Alex for press, appearances, etc. Www.alexcypriano.com
So the reps for Brazilian HEART-THROB Alex Cypriano let me know they
were bringing him to town and he wanted to say HI to #LIFEOFRILEY –
aware that we have introduced some amazing talent from the world of
Alex wanted me to tell you HI but also wanted to give me a wonderful
BIRTHDAY gift of VERSACE gear! THANK YOU, ALEX! Here are his stats so
far: Currently in LA; 20 years old; Actor/Model; 2015 "Mr. Teen Tampa";
Represented By MC2 Miami; ETC. Stay tuned for the rest! #LIFEOFRILEY
is watching…and will keep you posted!#AlexCypriano is a BEAUTIFUL LOOK OUT FOR HIS BRIGHT FUTURE! Bring
your SUNGLASSES! It’s BLINDING! Thanks for the Versace head to toe! Perfect for my birthday!
man - inside and out!
11. Hi folks! You know how much I LOVE Spirited Actor’s own Tracey Moore who
– over the years - has breathed life into the world through a powerful testimonial
in action of acting, casting, producing, directing, hosting...and now hosting this
project alongside everything else.
I even audited her Spirited Actor course when she started it in 1995…
and I continue to remain close to Tracey and her family who ARE my
family. In a nutshell, Tracey Moore ROCKS…and SHARES – so I was
too elated that she welcomed ACTORS to be in her Studio Audience
for her PILOT: “Inside the Black Box with Tracey Moore”. She shot
it at The Sheen Center in The Village.
Her guests for the pilot included awesome actors Malik Yoba and Joe Morton
with whom I got to share that I always had an “identification” with him (even
as a child when he played Fred Sanford’s BFF Grady’s son-in-law). We connected
that our mutual, international military “brat” history may be what I saw! This show
is lively and fun! Tracey is the best HOST and ACTING COACH. The guests inspired
and motivated ALL!
12.. Ant and I will celebrate 11 years at "The Color Purple" - the very show we were
attending when we met December 1, 2005. This time, we'll see Jennifer Holliday as Shug Avery!
So excited! Hope you've had the chance to see my NBCBLK interview
with Miss Holliday:http://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/broadway-queen-jennifer-holliday-s-next-act-color-purple-n662641
13. President Obama Names Recipients of the Presidential Medal of Freedom…
and among them is someone I hoped silently would get it now (vs. later):
MISS ROSS! Today, President Barack Obama named 21 recipients of the
Presidential Medal of Freedom – including Diana Ross – encapsulated in
bio via the White House release as follows: “Diana Ross has had an iconic
career spanning more than 50 years within the entertainment industry in
music, film, television, theater, and fashion. Diana Ross is an Academy Award nominee, inductee into the
Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, and recipient of the Grammy Awards
highest honor, the Lifetime Achievement Award. Ross was a
recipient of the 2007 Kennedy Center Honors. Diana Ross's
greatest legacy is her five wonderful children.” The Presidential
Medal of Freedom is the Nation's highest civilian honor, presented
to individuals who have made especially meritorious contributions
to the security or national interests of the United States, to world
peace, or to cultural or other significant public or private endeavors.
The awards will be presented at the White House on November 22nd. President Obama said, "The Presidential Medal of Freedom is not just our nation's highest civilian honor - it's a tribute to the idea that all of us, no matter where we come from, have the opportunity to change this country for the better. From scientists, philanthropists, and public servants to activists, athletes, and artists, these 21 individuals have helped push America forward, inspiring millions of people around the world along the way."This event will be streamed live at: www.whitehouse.gov/live
A (BIRTHDAY) IN THE LIFE OF RILEY is looking like this…
1. A #LIFEOFRILEY INTERVIEW WITH JENNIFER HOLLIDAY FOR NBCBLK: http://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/broadway-queen-jennifer-holliday-s-next-act-color-purple-n662641 My birthday is this weekend! A gift to me that I can share with you my Q&A with one of the DIVAS who serves as an EXEMPLAR for what #LIFEOFRILEY LOVES and CELEBRATES: Jennifer Holliday! In our comprehensive chat, we cover a lot of ground – including talk of her iconic role as Effie White and what relations are like today with her fellow Dreamgirls Sheryl Lee Ralph and Loretta Devine) plus what being on Broadway again - in Tony-award-winning Musical Revival "The Color Purple" - is like. You can PUSH DA BUTTON for your COLOR PURPLE tickets here (Ticket prices start at $59): https://www.telecharge.com/Broadway/The-Color-Purple/Overview. #TheColorPurple #ColorPurple#Dreamgirls #JenniferHolliday #HollidayFORTHEHolidays
2. Always good to contribute to #NBCBLK:
* NBCBLK - Aretha Franklin birthday party
* NBCBLK posted an EMPIRE/Aretha Franklin viral as well. https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1553278574945680&set
* Q&A with LEE DANIELS
* FOREST WHITAKER Q&A just posted - promoting SOUTHPAW:
* THE WIZ LIVE's NEW DOROTHY:
Patrick L. Riley
LIFE OF RILEY
3. I sing Holliday and Dreamgirls all the time at #AllStarKaraoke: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_pVZZ9GCm4! Next up: THIS Sunday, November 20th from Noon to 5p at MIST Harlem. For $5, guests qualify for BROADWAY/THEATER GIVEAWAYS and FREE MISS JESSIE’S! Plus, the menu has a range of delicious options and pricings (including $20 carafes of mimosa and sangria) and ALL STAR KARAOKE! Also look for more art from Artist-in-Residence Shenna Vaughn and friends – including Scorpio artists Ruthy Valdez and Richard S. Carroll Jr. Also look for my nephew Herman L. Riley and some of the AWESOME castmembers of the #ASPiRE.tv web series #THEGRADUATESNYC. Now the season has wrapped, you can see all 8 webisodes here: http://www.aspire.tv/shows/the-graduates-nyc/videos/. And there will be #THEBOSSCHOIR: https://www.facebook.com/patrick.l.riley/videos/10154176021623737/?l=1634402992647739097. Please come sing to all of the fellow SCORPIOs and me. Let us know you’re coming by clicking here: www.all_star_karaoke.eventbrite.com.
Walk Tall Girl Productions brings FREE Broadway TIX to ALL STAR KARAOKE at MIST Harlem on Sun Oct 30 at NOON
THIS JUST IN!
1. #ALLSTARKARAOKE at #MISTHARLEM is HAPPY TO REPORT that my dear sister friend in the #LIFEOFRILEY, Marcia Pendelton and her WALK TALL GIRL PRODUCTIONS, are coming on board to PARTNER with us Sunday, October 30, 2016 from NOON until 5p!
WALK TALL GIRL PRODUCTIONS SOCIAL MEDIA:
My social media:
2. Any THEATER LOVERS out there!!!?????? Well, you may want to beef up on your THEATER knowledge because WALK TALL GIRL PRODUCTIONS is bringing a SWEEP of TICKETS for some of the HOTTEST SHOWS the New York City STAGES have to offer – from iconic theatres: Manhattan Theatre Club; Signature Theatre; Public Theater; and The New Group. Throughout the afternoon - between karaoke selections - we will be SHOUTING OUT some "theater trivia" for our guests to answer. The first right answer each time will get you a pair of tickets to one of these spectacular shows coming to Broadway and Off-Broadway. WALK TALL GIRL PRODUCTIONS has partnered with ALL STAR KARAOKE for years - including successful activations with MOTOWN THE MUSICAL and more!
3. TICKET GIVEAWAYS for the following productions:
- August Wilson's Jitney on Broadway directed by Ruben Santiago-Hudson (presented by the Manhattan Theatre Club)
- Master Harold...and the boys (Signature Theatre)
-The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World AKA The Negro Book of the Dead by Pulitzer Prize Winner Suzan-Lori Parks (Signature Theatre)
- Party People featuring Universes; developed and directed by Liesl Tommy (Eclipsed) (Public Theater)
-Sweet Charity -- a fresh interpretation of the musical featuring a multicultural cast and starring two-time Tony winner Sutton Foster (The New Group)
4. ADDITIONAL TICKET GIVEAWAYS: The $5 COVER for #ALLSTARKARAOKE gets you in the door; qualifies you to participate in a RAFFLE to win:
* a pair of tickets to see “The Color Purple” on Broadway
* a pair of tickets to see SWEET at “The National Black Theatre”
* a MISS JESSIE’s VIP bag of FULL-SIZED PRODUCT; National Best Seller “Miss Jessie’s: Creating a Successful Business from Scratch – Naturally” (Harper Collins/Amistad) [available in paperback January 2017]; and more!
5. Our #ALLSTARKARAOKE presenting sponsor MISS JESSIE’s will be in the house with MISS JESSIE'S SAMPLE BAG GIVEAWAYS for ALL GUESTS!
6. #ALLSTARKARAOKE Artist-in-Residence Contemporary Artist Shenna Vaughn will have items for exhibit and sale. Plus, she’ll have an announcement on how you can own your own #ShennaVaughn
7. #SWEET is the debut piece for the National Black Theatre’s 48th Season: IN PURSUIT OF BLACK JOY. The cast of SWEET offers up a DISCOUNT CODE to all of our #LIFEOFRILEY and #ALLSTARKARAOKE fam. Just go to the National Black Theatre: www.Nationalblacktheatre.orgor call 212-352-3101 and use code RISE.
8. MEANWHILE, let us see you at our SEASON of FOUR #ALLSTARKARAOKE brunches at #MISTHARLEM – starting Sunday, October 30, 2016 from NOON to 5p (Costumes welcome).
9. We'll get in as many songs as we can while enjoying our ALL STAR KARAOKE company one more time while also celebrating the birthday of KIANA!!!
10. ALL STAR KARAOKE is powered by Derrick Styles from#KARAOKESUNDAYS in Mount Vernon’s #BUNGALOW, HOST of the OFFICIAL “ALL STAR KARAOKE” AFTER SET on Sunday Nights – from 9p to 2am: 523 S Fulton Ave.
11. SOME KEY SOCIAL MEDIA and HASHTAGS
12. EVENTBRITE LINK here:
• a pair of tickets for THE COLOR PURPLE on Broadway;
• a pair of tickets for SWEET, The National Black Theatre; etc.
4. #ALLSTARKARAOKE Artist-in-Residence Contemporary Artist Shenna Vaughn will have items for exhibit and sale. Plus, she’ll have an announcement on how you can own your own #ShennaVaughn
6. MEANWHILE, let us see you at our SEASON of FOUR #ALLSTARKARAOKE brunches at #MISTHARLEM – starting Sunday, October 30, 2016 from NOON to 5p (Costumes welcome).
EVENTBRITE LINK here: