HERE'S THE CLIP OF THE SEGMENT:
HERE'S THE CLIP OF THE FULL SHOW (21 MINUTES IN):http://www.arise.tv/entertainment/arise-360-18-12-9893--- LOTS GOING IN THE LIFE OF RILEY! Looking forward to some downtime down South with my FAM -http://thelifeofriley.squarespace.com/rilys-blog/! But just did a MUST-SEE HOLIDAY SHOWS segment on Arise Entertainment 360 today with my friends Shannon Lanier and - in for Lola Ogunnaike whose maternity leave has begun – Jina Johnson, stand-up comic and multi-media talent. We spoke ABT Nutcracker At Bam with Misty Copeland; Ain't Misbehavin’ at George Faison's Faison Firehouse Theater; Radio City Christmas Spectacular; Motown the Musical; andStanley Bennett Clay’s "RITUAL". I’LL SEND LINK LATER (As always, THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT! Watch Daily On Time Warner, Verizon Fios, Centric and On Demand... www.YouTube.com/AriseENT360 + you can watch it streaming live on www.arise.tv at 3p/eastern everyday – whether I’m there or not.). Was also great to see cast of DISGRACED as I highly recommended that Broadway show in my last segment:http://youtu.be/zDGZvIY6klY.
I’ve been GUEST CO-HOSTING and doing POP CULTURE/BROADWAY SEGMENTS on ARISE ENTERTAINMENT 360 for a couple of years now - including recent interviews with:
* "Annie" Executive Producer Devon Franklin, whose book "Produced by Faith" is one of my favorites:http://youtu.be/KANSZen0nac;
* Chef Gabe Thompson presented "Downtown Italian" -http://youtu.be/yESAGSc3yDc;
* DJ D NICE:http://youtu.be/veNhcCNA1Lg;
* BRAVO’s Fashion Queens– including my friend Bevy Smith and Miss Lawrence and Derek J: http://youtu.be/hb6gUFK3vsc;
* “THE DUKES OF HAZZARD” themselves: John Schneider (now on Tyler Perry’s The Haves and the Have Nots) and Tom Wopat (who I mostrecently saw in “The Trip to Bountiful” on Broadway): http://youtu.be/22GqEbrF1OU;
* mega-producer Sean Garrett brought Avery Wilson (former The Voice contestant) to hip us to his upcoming album and to sing Donny Hathaway’s “This Christmas”:http://youtu.be/TUfq35qKJV4;
* interview with actor Tony Denison (http://youtu.be/iIkAm7XmEgc);
* interview with actor Christian Kale (http://youtu.be/NFY4gpMivxw);
Plus, my highlight: Alan Light whose “Let’s Go Crazy: Prince and the Making of Purple Rain” made for blissful chat and inspired Prince’s publicist to send the reclusive singer the link to this interview (http://youtu.be/TKDXudN2yC0);
* Ben Vereen! (http://youtu.be/a12El8-zU_k);
* ALSO: Faith Evans (http://youtu.be/LfpHpiQd2pg); etc. #billiesblack #allstarkaraoke #motownmay
After pushing a deadline on a project for BET and doing another ARISE ENTERTAINMENT 360 segment on the MUST-SEE HOLIDAY SHOWS (21 MINUTES IN): http://www.arise.tv/entertainment/arise-360-18-12-9893, I had to high-tail it to the Dempsey Auditorium in Harlem for a SAGE Harlem holiday talent show for which my friend, Program Manager Christopher Jones, invited me to perform to the awesome group. I sang “Reasons” -
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152666057313737&set=vb.662073736&type=3&theater, “This Woman’s Work”, and “Endless Love”. GREAT NIGHT!
SAGE Harlem provides a safe space for LGBT older adults in Harlem and The Bronx. SAGE Harlem is a program of SAGE (Services and Advocacy for GLBT Elders). Learn more at: http://www.sageusa.org/sageharlem. After, with a dozen roses in tow for my performance, I stopped by my Morehouse brother Mario’s holiday set at NABE – also the destination for his weekly Thursday party. He served wonderful bites and wine from a Charlayne Hunter-Gault-owned, South Africa wine label called Passages.