Mist Harlem Steps screening
After we’d all gathered for the Premiere on November 19 2015 in Jersey City, my partner Ant – an events manager at MIST Harlem – told Eddie Harris he should be bring his film #STEPSTHEMOVIE to NEW YORK CITY – for our NYC-based friends and tastemakers. STEPS is Co-Directed by Jay Rodriguez and Rock Davis and Executive Produced by Shaquille O’Neal. Like the New Jersey screening, the positive feedback was FELT! And the filmmakers are still taking meetings on which platform(s) we will see our labor of love. I’d mentioned before AMERICAN IDOL FINALIST QAASIM MIDDLETON is in it too along with his brother KHALIL MIDDLETON. AND THEY ARE WONDERFUL! And BIGGEST of THANKS to EDDIE HARRIS and PENWAH for casting me in this amazing project! For more info, go to www.Stepsthemovie.info. THANKS EVERYBODY for your well wishes and for supporting LIFE OF RILEY – including a #bosschoir of NYC family including Director/Producer/Casting Giant Tracey Moore; she and my childhood friend Maurice Marable’s son Myles, actor extraordinaire; photography diva Rowena Husbands; DRUMS ALONG THE HUDSON Producer Carl Nelson; Emmy-award-winning GMA Correspondent Mara Schiavocampo; Morehouse brother/LIVE FROM FRONT ROW Publisher Michael K. Watts; international model and Bobby Roache Eyeglass wear designer; BFF since childhood/LIBERTY realtor Ernest Maynor; BE NICE Production’s own Bernice Wooden (All Star Karaoke Producer); All Star Karaoke FAVORITE/Hospitality Expert Ephraim Walker; KOBIE CHRONICLES’ own Kobie Brown (Morehouse brother whose online series “Red, White, & Baltimore” we want you to check out soon: http://thekobie.tv/red-white-baltimore-american-story/); etc. #GRATITUDE #steps #shaquilleoneal#stepsthemovie #billiesblack #allstarkaraoke #MISS_JESSIES#MISSJESSIESBOOK #TITIGIFT #MIKOBRANCH #MISTHarlem [Some social media: @ebhproductions for EDDIE HARRIS; @rockdaviscom for ROCK DAVIS; @jayscorsese for JAY RODRIGUEZ]
All Star Karaoke for ONE NIGHT ONLY
Billie’s Black PRESENTS All Star Karaoke with Patrick L. Riley: ONE NIGHT ONLY last night was OFF THE CHAIN! And we are so EXCITED to have ushered in B2 --- the closing down of Billie’s Black for SIX WEEKS – at which time BILLIE’S will return SHINY AND NEW under the Creative Direction of Steve Harvey’s own Interior Design Expert/Personality Mikel Welch. DJMARIOTV captured the night beautifully! THANKS DJ MARIO:https://www.facebook.com/djmario.harlem/videos/1113579195381516/?pnref=story.unseen-section
*Like we do every week – usually as our FINALE: #THEBOSSCHOIR: Excerpt Part 1: https://www.facebook.com/patrick.l.riley/videos/10153688858823737/?l=8846900760458209405 and Excerpt Part 2: https://www.facebook.com/patrick.l.riley/videos/10153688868348737/?l=852409540132990470
* MISS JESSIE'S giveaways: VIP bags for our special guests: NABJ Vice President-Broadcast Dorothy Tucker, CBS2 Anchor/Reporter and – via a recent Miko Branch media impression - I-Heart Radio Show Host (in town celebrating her birthday). Also, the cast of BLOOD AT THE ROOT – about Jena Six: Kenzie Ross, Allison Scarlet Jaye, and Stori Ayers were excited to walk away with their VIP MISS JESSIE’s bags as well:https://www.facebook.com/BloodAtTheRoot.
* BLACK ENTERPRISE magazine with MISS JESSIE'S Co-Founder & CEO Miko Branch on the cover
* JOSEPH RILEY LAND GOURMET PANTRY (raffle for three amazing gift baskets – two at $75 each and one at $125 value): https://www.facebook.com/rileylandgourmetpantry/?fref=ts
* BILLIE'S BLACK ARTIST-IN-RESIDENCE - presented by ALL STAR KARAOKE (December 2015 - extended through February 2016): Contemporary Artist Shenna Vaughn had ART for sell (SHENNA: "I Create Soulful Funk On Canvas to Create A Mind Blowing Experience"): http://www.shennavaughn.com/
* ANOTHER featured sponsor that we introduced during SEASON 4 of ALL STAR KARAOKE: SHOO NAIL POLISH - via its Founder and CEO Shawanda Vickers who donated 20 gift bags and TESTIFIED how her partnership in SEASON 4 (Fall 2015) led her to being covered in BLACK ENTERPRISE (Look out for it!).
* TICKET GIVEAWAYS for BROADWAY/OFF-BROADWAY SHOWS:
Walk Tall Girl Productions – a pair of comps for TURN ME LOOSE: http://turnmelooseplay.com/
Walker International Communications Group, Inc – a pair of comps for BLOOD AT THE ROOT: https://www.facebook.com/BloodAtTheRoot and a SNEAK PEEK from the cast.
* HARLEM SKIN & LASER CLINIC GIFT CARD - $175 (for raffle)
THANKS TO ALL! See you later, Billie’s Black! AND look for the return of BILLIE’S BLACK presents ALL STAR KARAOKE with Patrick L. Riley in the FALL; however, we’ll be announcing some spot ALL STAR KARAOKE dates soon!
ALLSTARKARAOKE#MOTOWNMAY#StockYourPantry#missjessiesbookLegacy_of#TitiBranch#RileyLandGourmetPantry #BlackEnterprise#ShennaVaughn #ShooNailPolish#WalkTallGirlProductions #WICG#ShawandaVickers #SevenBrown #HarlemSkinCare#HarlemSkinAndLaserCare
MISS JESSIE’S has been on the road, hear?
1. MIKO'S BOOK "Miss Jessie's - Creating a Successful Business from Scratch...NATURALLY" is going to be released in paper back April 2017.
2. MISS JESSIE's is also in a promo window around a new product: MULTICULTURAL CURLS.
3. Miko Keynoted the MOREHOUSE INNOVATION EXPO 2016: http://www.morehouseinnovates.com: A Conversation about the Mindset of an Entrepreneur.
4. WHILE IN ATLANTA, SOME SPOT MEDIA:
REBEL LIFESTYLE w/Drea Nicole
ROLLING OUT in-studio interview
CBS RADIO interview in-studio interview
5. A PULSEBEAT.TV DETROIT EXCLUSIVE - interviewed by Pulsebeat.TV's award-winning multimedia journalist Greg Dunmore inside the franchise PULSEBEAT.TV "Greg Dunmore's Hot Happenings!!!" on WMYD TV20 Detroit… As it’s been airing in MOTOWN and surrounding areas since Sunday, indicators are that “MISS JESSIE’S IS A HIT”! Check it out here: http://pulsebeat.tv/?p=2201.
6. USA Today feature coming up in a few weeks…. Stay tuned!
7. Emmy-award-winning Berlinda Garnett, Producer at FOX 29 Philadelphia invited Miko to be a guest on Good Day Philadelphia: http://www.fox29.com/good-day. Hosts Alex Holley and Mike Jerrick conducted a GREAT INTERVIEW! AND DR. OZ WAS IN THE HOUSE! EXCITING! http://www.fox29.com/Live.
8. Philadelphia Sunday Sun also did an interview with Miko that day, care of Philly-based writer and President-Elect of PBPRS Monica Peters.
Oprah Where Are They Now?
I am still being heavily dispatched for recurring client OWN's "Oprah, Where Are They Now?" - including interviews that have already run this season:
a. Carol's Daughter (Lisa Price):
b. The Chew's Carla Hall:
c. Coming up this Saturday, April 2nd: Nancy Grace:
d. My Audra McDonald just aired:
e. My Iman airs this upcoming Saturday:
f. ...AND Honey Boo Boo/Mama June are coming up April 30th:
I'm also being retained this season by WENDY WILLIAMS in partnership with MetroPCS to produce the show's monthly, sponsored franchise: STREET TALK:
a. APRIL edition: https://youtu.be/2uuFdiQ_Mk0
b. MARCH edition: https://youtu.be/ETRlN_0FrU8
c. VALENTINE'S edition: https://youtu.be/j807PlmE9VU
d. JANUARY edition: https://youtu.be/vqobPt_ecNo
e. Our HOLIDAY EDITION from mid-December 2015: https://youtu.be/EGI3agscKDA
f. Thanksgiving 2015: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uwBc_wEzTE
g. WENDY/KMART: https://youtu.be/NJJcSZ7xJTw #ShoppingIsFunAgain
REST IN PRINCE
The iconic Diana Ross headlines during Tom Joyner's Fantastic Voyage kickoff concert! One ICON LOST but HEALING that the MINISTER OF LOVE, MISS ROSS, could SERENADE the mourning crowd with her REPERTOIRE of JOY AND L'AMOUR! And SO MANY WERE THERE to WITNESS IT ALL - from Rev. Al Sharpton to Sherri Shepherd to Robert Townsend adn a boat-load more! #DianaRoss #FantasticVoyage16#TomJoynerCruise