Some features to look forward to:
1.) "PATRICK'S POP UP(DATES)" will feature stories from pop culture, music, theater, fashion, and the entertainment industry at large.
2.) "The Life of Riley" will also introduce a "take-a-look-at-your-life" section (READ: sort of an advice column), where I will help readers come up with their own questions and answers around what "ways of being" are working (or not working) to have them acheive their respective goals and live their best lives. This section is called "WHO YOU BE?".
3.) Additonally, there will be a free-flowing, organic section called "TESTIFY" from which I will pull from my own life's journey to share and hopefully inspire. Some of the fare may be new musings and experiences. Other times, I may pull from my journals and past sharings to shed light on some uncomfortable truths that I've experienced and that may perhaps play a role in healing someone else's wounds as the real-life experience did for me. From my experience of covering 9/11 as a freelance journalist to courageously coming out (as gay) to my family, "TESTIFY" promises to move those who choose to read it.
4.) And a section titled "PR" (like my initials, but also like "public relations") will include press clips from any coverage I get.
Entries in August Wilson (1)
Walk Tall Girl Productions brings FREE Broadway TIX to ALL STAR KARAOKE at MIST Harlem on Sun Oct 30 at NOON
THIS JUST IN!
1. #ALLSTARKARAOKE at #MISTHARLEM is HAPPY TO REPORT that my dear sister friend in the #LIFEOFRILEY, Marcia Pendelton and her WALK TALL GIRL PRODUCTIONS, are coming on board to PARTNER with us Sunday, October 30, 2016 from NOON until 5p!
WALK TALL GIRL PRODUCTIONS SOCIAL MEDIA:
My social media:
2. Any THEATER LOVERS out there!!!?????? Well, you may want to beef up on your THEATER knowledge because WALK TALL GIRL PRODUCTIONS is bringing a SWEEP of TICKETS for some of the HOTTEST SHOWS the New York City STAGES have to offer – from iconic theatres: Manhattan Theatre Club; Signature Theatre; Public Theater; and The New Group. Throughout the afternoon - between karaoke selections - we will be SHOUTING OUT some "theater trivia" for our guests to answer. The first right answer each time will get you a pair of tickets to one of these spectacular shows coming to Broadway and Off-Broadway. WALK TALL GIRL PRODUCTIONS has partnered with ALL STAR KARAOKE for years - including successful activations with MOTOWN THE MUSICAL and more!
3. TICKET GIVEAWAYS for the following productions:
- August Wilson's Jitney on Broadway directed by Ruben Santiago-Hudson (presented by the Manhattan Theatre Club)
- Master Harold...and the boys (Signature Theatre)
-The Death of the Last Black Man in the Whole Entire World AKA The Negro Book of the Dead by Pulitzer Prize Winner Suzan-Lori Parks (Signature Theatre)
- Party People featuring Universes; developed and directed by Liesl Tommy (Eclipsed) (Public Theater)
-Sweet Charity -- a fresh interpretation of the musical featuring a multicultural cast and starring two-time Tony winner Sutton Foster (The New Group)
4. ADDITIONAL TICKET GIVEAWAYS: The $5 COVER for #ALLSTARKARAOKE gets you in the door; qualifies you to participate in a RAFFLE to win:
* a pair of tickets to see “The Color Purple” on Broadway
* a pair of tickets to see SWEET at “The National Black Theatre”
* a MISS JESSIE’s VIP bag of FULL-SIZED PRODUCT; National Best Seller “Miss Jessie’s: Creating a Successful Business from Scratch – Naturally” (Harper Collins/Amistad) [available in paperback January 2017]; and more!
5. Our #ALLSTARKARAOKE presenting sponsor MISS JESSIE’s will be in the house with MISS JESSIE'S SAMPLE BAG GIVEAWAYS for ALL GUESTS!
6. #ALLSTARKARAOKE Artist-in-Residence Contemporary Artist Shenna Vaughn will have items for exhibit and sale. Plus, she’ll have an announcement on how you can own your own #ShennaVaughn
7. #SWEET is the debut piece for the National Black Theatre’s 48th Season: IN PURSUIT OF BLACK JOY. The cast of SWEET offers up a DISCOUNT CODE to all of our #LIFEOFRILEY and #ALLSTARKARAOKE fam. Just go to the National Black Theatre: www.Nationalblacktheatre.orgor call 212-352-3101 and use code RISE.
8. MEANWHILE, let us see you at our SEASON of FOUR #ALLSTARKARAOKE brunches at #MISTHARLEM – starting Sunday, October 30, 2016 from NOON to 5p (Costumes welcome).
9. We'll get in as many songs as we can while enjoying our ALL STAR KARAOKE company one more time while also celebrating the birthday of KIANA!!!
10. ALL STAR KARAOKE is powered by Derrick Styles from#KARAOKESUNDAYS in Mount Vernon’s #BUNGALOW, HOST of the OFFICIAL “ALL STAR KARAOKE” AFTER SET on Sunday Nights – from 9p to 2am: 523 S Fulton Ave.
11. SOME KEY SOCIAL MEDIA and HASHTAGS
12. EVENTBRITE LINK here: